This again is NOT something that I do or recommend. I prefer to leave received emails exactly as they are. However several users asked if it was possible to change the Email Subject so that it is easier to find the email later.
- Open the email by double-clicking on it.
- In Outlook 2013/2010 , go to the Message tab > click the Actions button under the Actions group > click Edit Message
- For Outlook 2007 > Click Other Actions -> Edit.
- For Outlook 2003 > click Edit -> Edit message.
- Now make any changes that you need to (The Subject can also be changed even though it appears to be read-only).
- Click Save (or close the email and you will be prompted to Save it).
NOTE: I don’t personally change the Subject of emails. Instead I use Email Tags to tag my emails with keywords for searching later.
Let us know of any other ways you use to easily find your emails in Outlook by leaving a comment below.
BONUS TIPS: Fine-Tuning your Email Filing System (Even More)
Bonus Tip #2: Compact your Outlook Data for Better Performance
Bonus Tip #3: BCC yourself on important emails (or use a Rule to copy sent emails to your Inbox)
Bonus Tip #4: Create Tasks or Calendar Items for Emails that need your action
One Reply to “Bonus Tip #5: Fix up Email Subjects so that it is easier to find emails later”