In one of our older posts, we showed Outlook users how to export outlook contacts to a CSV file so that the contact list can be used with email marketing tools to send mail merges.
We had several readers write back to us asking a common question:
“Is there a way to extract email addresses from emails directly to external files like CSV…”
If you have this question in mind as well… The answer is YES!!!
What’s even better is that you don’t need to purchase a new software to do this… you can use Outlook’s in-built Export feature to get this done.
- The first thing you need to do is move/copy all the emails you wish to extract into a separate folder. For example you can create a folder called “Export” or “Email List”.
- In Outlook 2013/2010, click File > Options > click on Advanced from the left pane > Scroll down and click on the Export button
- For Outlook 2007/2003, On the main menu Click File > Import and Export…
- Click Export to a file > click Next > Select Comma Separated Values (Windows) > click Next >
- On the next screen, select the folder which contains the emails from which you wish to extract the email addresses
- Click the Browse… button to specify a location and file name for the new file.
- Click Next > Click Finish.
This should now extract the email address (and other information) from the emails to the new CSV file.
Wondering how this tip is handy?
If you do not want to invest in expensive, subscription-based, online email marketing systems, you can use Outlook and Email Merge for the same.
You can use the steps provided in this post to extract email addresses of your potential clients following a conference, seminar or any other event (who have contacted you) to a CSV file. You could also add them to your Contacts folder but this will be time-consuming as you will have to create each contact individually.
Once all email addresses are in the CSV file, you can use Email Merge for Outlook to create and send personalized emails to your mailing list. With Email Merge, you can send out unlimited number of emails, there is no monthly or yearly fee’s and you can load unlimited contacts from Outlook contacts and external files like CSV, Excel or even Access.
Hope you find this tip useful.
Do you know of other ways the Export feature can be handy?
Let us know by leaving a comment below.
One Reply to “Creating Email List by Exporting Email Addresses from Emails to CSV”
Exactly what we are looking for. Something simple and cost free. Thanks for showing us.