The countdown has started with just 9 more days to go. I’m sure all you soccer (football) fans are gearing up and excited as the Fifa World Cup 2014 kicks off in just a week time on the 13th of June 2014 with the first match between Brazil and Croatia.
Time surely has passed by quick since the last world cup with the glories and well deserving victory by the defending world champions “SPAIN”.
So which team will be taking the trophy home this year? I hope that the best team (my team of course) wins!.
I have added the schedules to my Outlook calendar already to make sure I don’t miss my teams matches, have you?
It’s not too late if you haven’t, here is a quick post which will help you add the match schedules to your Outlook calendar and give you the timing of the matches in your OWN time zone.
Configure the time zone on your computer
Make sure that your computer is setup to the correct time zone. This step is important to ensure that the game time gets shown at the correct time depending on where in the world you are.
- Go to the Windows Control Panel
- Open Date and Time.
- Make sure that the correct Time Zone is displayed i.e. the time zone of where YOU are. (I am in Fiji so the screen shot above says Fiji).
- Click on Change time zone if you need to.
Download the Schedules into Outlook Calendar
Follow the steps below to download the schedules into your Outlook calendar. The schedules will also get automatically updated as the tournament progresses or if there are any changes in the fixtures.
- Open Outlook and go to the Calendar
- In the ribbon, click the ‘Open Calendar‘ button
- Select ‘From Internet‘
- Copy the following URL: webcal://www1.skysports.com/calendars/football/fixtures/competitions/worldcup
- Paste the URL in the box entitled ‘New Internet Calendar Subscription‘ (Do not be worried of the word “Subscription” you are not being charged for anything”
- Press OK
- Optionally – Click ‘Advanced‘ to name your calendar and configure some options.
- Click ‘Yes‘ to add the calendar to outlook and subscribe to updates.
That’s it! The schedules will now be downloaded into Outlook, and will automatically update periodically as fixture information changes.
For instructions to add the schedules into Google Calendars, your phones or tablets click here.
The team at Standss is super excited as we have organized a TV to watch the live matches, bets have been placed as to which team will win and a special gift for the staff whose team wins the world cup.
Let us know by leaving a comment below which is your favourite team?
Enjoy the games and may the best (my) team win.