The Rugby World Cup 2011 is going to start in less than two weeks (9th September). Here’s what you need to do in Outlook to ensure that you don’t miss a single game of your favourite team.
Follow these steps to download the times for all the games into your Outlook Calendar.
1. Make sure that your computer is setup to the correct time zone. This step is important to ensure that the game time gets shown at the correct time depending on where in the world you are. Go to the Windows Control Panel and open Date and Time.
(Your screen may be slightly different depending on the version of Windows… it may have a separate tab for Time Zone).
Make sure that the correct Time Zone is displayed i.e. the time zone of where YOU are. (I am in Fiji so the screen shot above says Fiji). Click on Change time zone if you need to.
2. Click on the link below and save the .ics file to your desktop
Download Rugby World Cup 2011 Schedule
(Fixtures are from the Rugby World Cup 2011 Official website)
3. Import the downloaded file into your Outlook by using the following steps. If you are using Microsoft Outlook 2010, click File – Open – Import. For all other versions of Outlook, click File – Import & Export.
4. Select Import an iCalendar (ics) or vCalendar file (vcs) from the list and click Next.
5. Use the screen that comes up to select the ics file that was downloaded in Step 2.
(You may get the following extra steps depending on the version of Outlook you are using)
6. Click either Open as New or Import. (I simply imported it to my main Outlook Calendar as it then synched with my Iphone too)
The times for all the games will now be in your Outlook.
Enjoy the games and may the best team win.
Personally I am predicting an All Blacks win… it’s about time that the trophy went back to New Zealand… I was a student there in 1987 and still remember them winning the very first world cup final. It has been a long wait for the kiwis… but this is their year.