With almost 80% of business correspondence now taking place by e-mail, you NEED a good system for filing your e-mails.
The simplest way to organize your emails is to duplicate your paper filing system inside Outlook.
Like other Outlook users, I’m sure most of you were also printing and filing copies of important emails into folders for different clients or products, and it worked quite well because all your filed documents for a particular client or project were in one place and accessible for future reference.
That is the same system you need to implement for your email filing in Outlook, create separate folders for each client or project and file your emails (incoming and outgoing) to this dedicated folders.
Filing your e-mails like this has a lot of benefits… even if you print out copies of critical e-mails for future reference.
- BENEFIT 1: You don’t have to learn anything new to use this filing system (chances are your office has been filing your paper files using this system for years)
- BENEFIT 2: You can quickly see all e-mails for a client or project in ONE PLACE. You can use Outlook’s built in sorting to see the time-line of e-mails etc.
- BENEFIT 3: It is super-easy to export or archive projects. By filing in this way, you can use Outlook’s built-in tools to easily export e-mails out into a separate file if you need to. You can now file an electronic copy of all e-mails with your Word and Excel documents once a project is completed.
WARNING! Your e-mail filing system may FAIL … and a solution
This e-mail filing system clearly works. If it didn’t, you wouldn’t be filing your paper files this way.
Yet most users are not able to continue filing their e-mails this way for very long. Why?
The reason is simple.
- It takes too much effort to drag each and every e-mail out of the Inbox and into the correct folder.
- It’s too easy to forget to go to the Sent Items folder to move e-mails out of there into the correct folders.
- It’s not as easy to delegate e-mail filing as it is to delegate paper filing.
That’s why we created QuickFile to solve the above email management problems.
QuickFile 4Outlook is an inexpensive email organizer that works inside Outlook by adding two buttons called QuickFile and Send&File to your Outlook. It doesn’t change Outlook in any other way and it won’t change the way you have always used Outlook.
QuickFile mail organizer is a fantastic time-saver for anyone who wants to use a client or project based filing system in Outlook.
Please give QuickFile a try. This is the only add-on we know that can guarantee that your e-mails get filed properly.
If you have your own test methods of filing emails that has worked?
Share it with us by leaving a comment below.