Although I have tried many different productivity techniques (GTD, TBYL etc), I still find that I have too many emails in my Inbox. Here’s a little technique that I use to get the emails that I need to work on today to show up highlighted at the top of the Inbox. This works even if the emails were received on different days.
Follow the steps below to have the emails you want to deal with today appear at the top of the Inbox:
You will also need to have our eeminders for Outlook addin installed.
- Open Outlook
- Go to your Inbox, select the email that you want to work on today
- Right click on the email and eemind me
- Click Now
- Follow the same steps above for all emails that you wish to deal with today
- Once done, on the eeminders toolbar/ribbon, click View > click Inbox (sort by eeminders)
This will now sort your Inbox and show all emails that you need to deal with today at the top of the Inbox. The emails will also be bold and marked as unread so you know which ones have been done and which are still left.
New to eeminders?
eeminders for Outlook makes it much easier to have an uncluttered Inbox that helps you get the right work done. eeminders comes with a number of views to make it easier to see what you need to work on in your Inbox. With eeminders you can also:
- Defer/Snooze emails out of your Inbox …. until you need them
- Get Follow-up reminders for emails you send… in your Inbox
- Do more than just emails… schedule your non-email tasks in your Inbox too
- Move your non-urgent emails into a Someday folder to relook at in the future when you have free time
- Review and Reschedule your future email workload easily
I hope you find this tip and eeminders useful.
Do you know of other ways to use your Inbox as a To-do list? Share it with us by leaving a comment below.