Normally if we change programs, we would love to ensure that all our data is easily transferred from one computer to another.
This tip shows how easily you can Export all your contact details from Outlook into a CSV file which you can then use to import your contact details into other programs which usually support CSV files.
Steps to Export Outlook Contacts to CSV
- Start Outlook
- In Outlook 2010, click File > Options > click on Advanced form the left pane > Scroll down and click on the Export button
For Outlook 2007/2003, On the main menu Click File > Import and Export…
- Click Export to a file > click Next >
- Select Comma Separated Values (Windows) > click Next >
- Use the next screen to Highlight the Contacts folder and click Next >
- Click the Browse… button to specify a location and file name for the exported contacts.
- Click Next >
- Click Finish.
This should now save all your contact details in the CSV file which can be used to import your contacts to any other program that supports CSV.
Did you find this tip useful? Let us know by leaving a comment below