Have you made the mistake of sending or replying to an internal/organizational email, but including someone that was not from your company?
How about mistaking two email addresses for contacts with the same name but with totally different email addresses?
These are some of the many mistakes some of our customers have made in the past. However, using our SendGuard add-in, our users are able to receive warnings (prompts) which informs them that the intended recipient is not within the organization.
To help prevent this from happening to you, simply download and install the SendGuard for Outlook addin by clicking here.
Once downloaded and installed onto your PC, you can go about configuring SendGuard by following the simple steps below:
- Open the SendGuard Setting Screen
- On the MS Outlook ribbon go to the following location Standss Outlook Addins > SendGuard > More > Settings
- On the Settings screen, ensure that the Enable SendConfirm checkbox is ticked (see below)
- Click Apply and then OK
You can now test this out by creating a new email, for this example you will see that any email going outside our company domain ( @standss.com ) will result in a prompt appearing.
- Create a new email
- Enter the recipient email address. In this case there will be one internal email and one external email recipient.
- Once you have typed out your message, Click Send. You should see the SendGuard Prompt:
- Click the Select All and Send Now checkbox.
- Click Send to send out the email.
You can use the SendConfirm Settings Screen to also prompt users on internal emails as well.
SendGuard is used by organizations of all sizes from single users to 20,000 users in one organization. Our team can provide full support for enterprise deployment and centralized management.
Learn more about Send Guard for Outlook or click below to learn more about the full SendGuard for Outlook email DLP bundle.