For larger organizations we recommend the use of customized MSIs to deploy our Outlook addins to your users. The customized MSI will have all the settings that you want to deploy to your users.
After installation, all users will have the same settings (for the Outlook addon). This means that you can easily rollout (and optionally lock) corporate-defined settings if required.
Before we can create the MSI for you, we need to know your settings.
We have designed SendGuard in a way that lets you setup one and test computer and then export a settings file i.e. you don’t need to copy setting manually into an email.
Here are the steps to export SendGuard settings:
- Open Outlook.
- Click on Standss Outlook Addins on the Outlook ribbon.
- Go to the SendGuard Settings Screen and set all the settings for your company.
- Click on the Apply button to save all settings.
- Click on “Export Settings” on the setting screen.
- Select the location where you wish to save the SendGuard registry file and click “OK”.
- Once your settings are exported successfully, go to the location where the SendGuard registry file is saved and ZIP the file before sending it to us (it is important to ZIP the file because Outlook will block us from downloading the unzipped reg file).
- Send the file to us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org or your account manager at Standss).
Note: The Customized MSI file is generally used for the initial deployment only. We also have ADMX/ADML GPO Templates to use for changing settings after deployment.