The Mac OS is highly regarded by Mac users due to its user-friendly design, intuitive interface, and extensive feature set.
It’s no wonder that the Mac OS is widely acclaimed as one of the most popular operating systems available today. With its comprehensive suite of tools, users can accomplish their tasks with ease and efficiency.
SendGuard-Standss Outbound Email Security solution to prevent misdirected emails is available for Mac users.
Mac Users can use SendGuard to confirm recipients and attachments in outgoing emails and can use Data Loss Prevention (DLP) Content Scanning to look inside emails and meeting requests to warn and/or block confidential information.
In this blogpost, you will learn how to install SendGuard on Mac.
Installing the SendGuard Add-in
To use SendGuard on Mac you will need to request Standss (or your account manager) to provide you with a manifest file on email@example.com. Standss will send you a link to the manifest file. The manifest is a special file with your license information that is used to install the add-in.
Installing the add-in consists of two steps:
1. Grant permissions to SendGuard M365 to work in your Outlook.
2. Install the add-in (using the manifest file)
Grant Permission to SendGuard M365 Application
This is an optional (but recommended) step. If the Admin does not grant permissions, then users will be prompted for permissions when they use the add-in for the first time.
Before deploying the manifest file, please follow the steps below.
1. You will need to Grant permission to the SendGuard M365 Application (Production Server). The Office 365 Administrator has to provide/grant consent to the SendGuard M365 application.
2. Click on the admin consent link: https://login.microsoftonline.com/common/adminconsent?client_id=471294e9-96d6-475b-b503-e02acd9ed2cd&state=12345
3. Sign in using the Office 365 Administrator account.
4. After signing in, you will see a consent as shown on the right side.
5. Click on Accept. This will grant permission to the application to be used under your tenant.
Now you can install the SendGuard M365 manifest file. You can use the Office 365 Admin Center to deploy SendGuard to all or selected users.
Outlook for Mac has 2 different versions which are the Old Outlook and the New Outlook.
Installing SendGuard on Old Outlook
Please follow the instructions below to install the application:
1. Open Outlook
2. On the Home tab, click on the “Get Add-ins” from the ribbon
3. Click My add-ins.
4. Scroll to the bottom to the Custom add-ins section.
5. Click Add a Custom Add-in and select from a URL.
6. Paste the URL into the box and click OK.
Installing SendGuard on New Outlook
1. Open Outlook for Mac.
2. Select a message.
3. Select … See More Items at the top of the message.
4. Go to the bottom of the list and click Get Add-ins.
5. Click My add-ins.
6. Scroll to the bottom to the Custom add-ins section.
7. Click Add a Custom Add-in and select from a URL.
8. Paste the manifest file link/URL into the box and click OK. The SendGuard add-in will now be installed on Outlook for Mac.
If you want to use SendGuard on Mac OS or need any assistance with installing SendGuard, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or your Standss account manager.
Image by ArthurHidden on Freepik