Outlook lets you mark your tasks as complete so there should be same easy steps to mark appointments as complete too right?
It turns out that there is no built-in way to mark appointments as complete BUT…
Here is a simple workaround that will change the color of the appointments so you know it has been completed (I have used the color RED to mark my appointments as complete)
Here’s the steps to change the color of the appointments: (The instructions below are for Outlook 2007 and above only)
The color of the appointments in Outlook 2007 and above is handled using categories so the first step is to create a new category that indicates Complete:
- Go to your Calendar.
- Right-Click over any existing appointment.
- Click Categorize and then click All Categories
- Click the New button.
- Enter a name for the category (I used the word Complete), choose a Color and click OK.
- Click OK again to return to the Calendar screen.
This will now change the color of the appointment to what you had selected.
Now to mark any appointment as complete:
- Right-click over the calendar item.
- Click Categorize and click on the Complete (the category which you created) category again
In case you mark an appointment as complete by mistake, you can do the following to change it:
- Right-click on the calendar item
- Click Categorize and click on the Complete category again (or click on Clear All Categories).
Using this method to color your appointments lets you easily see which ones still need your attention and which ones are completed.
You could even use different categories (colors) to indicate different things for example you could have a category for important appointments or another for causal meetings etc.
I hope you find this tip useful.
If you know of better ways to manage your appointments or work, please share it with our readers by leaving a comment below.
Are you drowning in an ocean of emails in your Inbox that stops you from getting the right work done?
Try eeminders for outlook – Get the right things done… at the right time!!!