Do you have more than one email account that you use to send out emails from (in Outlook)?
We recently had a few QuickFile for Outlook customers contacting us with the issue, where they couldn’t send and file emails using their secondary email account in Outlook.
Quick-File for Outlook’s Send&File feature prompts you to choose a folder when you send an email.
Select a folder and click Send& File and the email is then automatically filed to that folder when the email is sent.
By default, QuickFile only monitors one Sent Items folder i.e. Send & File only works if your email is delivered to the default Sent Items folder after it is sent.
Q: What do you do if you are keeping your emails from different accounts separate i.e. they have different Sent Items folders.
A: You can easily use the settings screen to monitor additional Sent Items folders is you want.
You can simply set this up by using the instructions below:
- Open QuickFile Settings Screen
- On the MS Outlook ribbon go to the following location Standss Outlook Addins > QuickFile > More > Settings
- On the Settings screen go to Data Files > Store to Monitor
- Select the Default option and click the Monitor Additional Send&File Folders
- On the Send&File Additional Folders screen, it will already have the default email accounts Sent Items folder in the list.
- Click Add and select the Sent Items Folder other than the Default Sent items Folder.
- Click OK and Apply.
- Click Yes
- Once the Index is complete, you will see the screen below:
- Click OK.
Note the feature is available only for QuickFile version 6 and above.
If you haven’t tried QuickFile, download a fully functional trial using the link below and find out why it is the Number 1 email management tool for professionals (lawyers, engineers, architects, software developers etc).