In the last post, we showed you how you can Export your Outlook Contacts to a CSV file to easily transfer your details to another program.
Following this, a lot of readers wrote to us and asked, How can you import contacts from a CSV file into Outlook. So we decided to do a post on this.
Steps to Import Contacts from CSV to Outlook
- Start Outlook
- In Outlook 2010, click File > Options > click on Advanced form the left pane > Scroll down and click on the Export button
For Outlook 2007/2003, On the main menu Select File > Import and Export…
- Select Import from another program or file and click Next >
- Select Comma Separated Values (Windows) and click Next >
- Use the Browse… button to select the required file.
- Under Options, choose Do not import duplicate items. (you can use any options you want)
- Click Next >
- Select the Outlook folder you want to import the contacts to. This will usually be your Contacts folder and then click Next >
- Click Map Custom Fields…
- Ensure that all columns in your CSV file are mapped to a related Outlook address book field. You can also create new mappings by dragging the column title to the desired field. Any previous mapping of the same column will be replaced with the new.
- Click OK.
- Click Finish.
This should now import all your contact details from CSV to Outlook Contacts.
Did you find this tip useful? Let us know by leaving a comment below