Outlook automatically inserts a signature for you in emails. It is best to keep signatures as small as possible but still convey enough information to help the reader and represent you. What are the essential elements of information that you should include in your signature?
- Your Name (obviously)
- Your Phone Number (don’t lose out on a sale just because you’ve made it hard for someone to call you for more information)
- Your website URL (makes it easy for them to find out more about your company by clicking on a link)
- SMALL corporate logo and slogan (for branding purposes)
- SMALL Picture of yourself usually instead of the corporate logo (depends on the nature of your business… better suited to people in sales… or where you are the brand you are promoting)
- Links to follow you on Twitter, Facebook etc (can be useful for social media marketing)
A WASTE OF TIME
- Email Address (they can just click reply… don’t waste space at the bottom of your email)
Agree… Disagree. Did we miss something? Let us know by leaving a comment on the blog.