Do you get frustrated receiving messages like “Your mailbox is over its size limit…”
Here is a simple yet very handy tip which allows you to find large emails in your mailbox (which of course are taking up a lot of space) quickly, take quick actions on them i.e. either move or delete.
Finding, Moving/Deleting large emails
Follow these simple steps to find the large emails:
- In Outlook 2007/2003, Click on the Tools menu > Find > Advanced Find
In Outlook 2010, click once on the Search box, this should now show the Search Tools tab, under this you will find Search Tools > Advanced Find. For those who prefer using shortcut keys, press CTRL+SHIFT+F to open the Advanced Find screen (Applicable to all three versions of outlook)
- On the Advanced Find screen, click on the More Choices tab
- At the bottom of the screen you will see Size (kilobytes). In the first drop-down menu, select greater than, in the next box enter the size for example 1000 for 1MB.
- Click Find Now. This will now search your mailbox for all emails that meet the criteria and provide you a list at the bottom of the screen.
- You can now browse through this list.
- To delete an email, simple right-click on it and click Delete.
- To Move an email, right-click on the email and click Move to Folder…, use the pop-up screen to select the folder you wish to move the email.
I hope you find this tip useful.
Do you have your own ways of keeping your mailbox size smaller, let us know by leaving a comment below.