Here’s a quick tip if your organization has started saving important documents in Office 365 SharePoint. You can create an alert so that you get notified via email or text message whenever a document that you are interested in changes.
How I use this
My accounts team updates an Excel spreadsheet with key metrics for me once a week. I have setup an alert that lets me know as soon as the update is done.
Now whenever the document is changed, I get an email with a link in it. One click and I can see the latest data.
Setting up Alerts (Step-by-Step)
Here are the steps to set this up for yourself.
1. Go to the SharePoint library or list in which the document is saved.
2. Right click over the relevant document and then click Alert me
3. Enter the options that you want for the alert and click OK.
1. Go to the relevant SharePoint library or list
2. Click on the three dots (…) on the too bar/ribbon and then click Manage my alerts.
3. Click on the relevant alert from the list.
4. Make any changes you need and click OK (or click Delete to get rid of future alerts).
I hope you find this tip useful. Please let us know how you use this or other features in Office 365 by leaving a comment.