How many times have you not responded to an email from your Boss or an important client because the email got buried under other 100’s of emails in your Inbox?
You can easily solve this by using a feature built directly inside Outlook called Search folders.
For those who do not know what a search folder is, it is like a virtual folder in Outlook which you can use to view all emails that match a particular criteria for example:
- All unread emails2
- Mail from and to specific people
- Mail from specific people
In this post we will show you how to create a search folder for emails received from a specific person like your Boss/Client.
Follow the steps below to create the search folder: (Instructions below are only for Outlook 2010/2013)
- Open Outlook
- Click the Folder tab on the ribbon > click New Search folder. The following screen will be displayed:
- Select the option “Mail from specific people”
- Click the Choose button > select the contact and click OK
- Choose the mailbox in which you receive your email
- Click OK
This will now create the new search folder with emails from the specific contact that you selected.
To easily access the search folder, you can also add it to your favorites list, simply:
- Click on the new search folder which you created
- Click the Folder tab on the ribbon > click Show in Favorites
This will now show the search folder on the top left corner with your other favorites list.
I hope you find this tip useful.
If you have other ways of filtering your important emails, let us know by leaving a comment below.