Do you need to send an email to a list of people AND also CC/BCC a related contact on each email?
Maybe you need to send:
- Announcements to important clients, and CC each client’s assistant on the same email.
- Emails to people in your company and CC their managers/supervisors.
- Event reminders to attendees, and CC their assistants.
- Statements to clients, and CC their accounts managers on the same email.
In this post, I will show you why and how to do this.
Step 0: Why not just send each person a separate copy of the same email?
It is better having related people on the same email because:
- They’re all now aware exactly who received the emails and
- It is easy to have a “conversation” by doing a Reply-All
Now that we have got that out of the way, let’s see how easy it is to do this.
Step 1: Prepare your List
The first thing you need to do is create a list of people to send the email to. The easiest way to do this is in Excel as shown below.
In this example I will be sending an email to a customer and CCing their assistants.
Step 2: Use EmailMerge to send out the emails
You will need to download and install Email Merge Pro for Outlook to add the functionality inside Outlook for you (Unfortunately there is now built-in way in Microsoft Outlook to do what is needed).
Once you have Email Merge Pro installed.
Click the Email Merge Wizard button on the Ribbon. Follow the easy steps in the Wizard to create your email and to choose your Excel file from the previous step as you list source/
When you come to the following screen, select the main recipient’s details from the drop-down fields and then click Select fields Attachments/CC/BCC.
Use the screen that comes up to select the field in which the CC email address is contained.
Follow the rests of the steps of the Wizard to send out the emails.
And that’s it….thousands of users use EmailMerge for Outlook everyday to send out their sales and marketing emails.