We’ve added a new feature to Send Guard for Outlook that was suggested by a corporate client with more than 500 Outlook users.
We are happy to announce the release of a new updated version of SendGuard for Outlook (version 1.1.5023). This update is free for all existing users and includes a number of “new” features as well as bug fixes.
One of the most liked feature of SendGuard is the “Send-Confirm” prompt. After you click Send, SendGuard automatically displays this prompt to ensure that you are ACTUALLY ready to send the email. This helps you avoid accidentally sending incomplete or inappropriate emails which you would later regret sending.
But… you might not want the confirmation prompt to appear for all emails for example emails that are sent within your organization (within the same domain). With the new version, you can easily add your company domain to the list and SendGuard will not display the prompt for all emails within that domain.
Here’s how to make this change in the Settings:
- Open Outlook
- On the ribbon, click the Standss Outlook Addins tab
- In the SendGuard group, click on the SendGuard button > click Settings…
- Click on the Send Confirm tab to display the screen as shown below
- Select the option for “Display messages for Everyone except following addresses/domains”
- Click the Add button, enter the domain name on the displayed screen for example standss.com or microsoft.com etc
- Click OK and then OK again
Now for any email addresses within the listed domain, you will not get a Send Confirm prompt.
The full list of features/bug fixes in this update include:
- New! New Send confirm prompt option: Display prompt for everyone except the following email address / domains
- New! Apply Windows theme on all addin screens
- Bug fix: On some machines with Outlook 2013, empty subject prompt message comes up in never ending loop.
- Bug fix: If you do a Reply-All on an email whose sender is a Microsoft Exchange Email, an error prompt comes up.
- Bug fix: On some machines, when you file original email using EmailTags for Outlook, an error message comes up in SendGuard.
You can download the latest version now from our website.
New to SendGuard: SendGuard is an Outlook addin that has a collection of extremely useful tools that ensure your outgoing emails are COMPLETE (with no missing information) and are being sent to the CORRECT (and only the correct) people.
SendGuard will automatically display a prompt when you:
- Forget to attach a important file to an email
- Clicked Reply when you meant Reply-All or vice-versa.
- Forgot to write a subject.
- Emailed someone using the wrong email address (for those of us with more than one email address).
- Fired off an angry message that you later regretted.
Let us know what you think about the new features in SendGuard by leaving a comment below.