Everytime you open Outlook in the morning, the first thing you see is a inbox full of emails that you will be working on. This is how the day starts for alot of us, but this can be changed.
We are all different and we always like things which can be personalized and configured to our likings.
Do you wish to view your Calender, Contacts, Task or anything other then your Inbox (emails) in the morning?
I personally have Outlook setup to open my Calendar so I know what I had actually planned for my day. (I don’t like starting with the Inbox because it is too easy to jump into emails and start working on things that are not real priorities)
You can follow the simple steps below to change to the folder of your choice:
In Outlook 2010:
- Click the File menu > Options > click Advanced on the left column
- Under Outlook Start and Exit, click Browse and then choose what folder you want Outlook to show you first: Calendar, Contacts, Tasks or any of your other folders
In Outlook 2007 & 2003:
- Click the Tools menu > Options
- Click the Other tab, and then click Advanced Options.
- Under General Settings, next to the Startup in this folder box, click Browse and then choose what folder you want Outlook to show you first: Calendar, Contacts, Tasks or any of your other folders.
Now when you start Outlook, it will display the folder that you have selected above.