Here is a tip for customizing the Outlook Ribbon. This example is for Email Tags for Outlook but applies generally even if you are not using Email Tags.
A reader asked: I use Email Tags for Outlook for virtually all my emails and I want to move it to a more prominent place on the Ribbon. Can I move the Email Tags buttons so that they appear directly beside the Respond group of buttons?
The answer is Yes, you can move any group on the ribbon left or right to a location that is more convenient for you to access.
Here are the step-by-step instructions on moving ribbon groups:
Note: The instructions in this post are for Outlook 2010.
- Open Outlook
- Click File > Options > Customize Ribbon. The following screen will be displayed
- Select the group from the list that you wish to move, For example I have selected EmailTags in the above screenshot.
- To move the group up or down, click on the arrow buttons on the right-side of the screen
- Once you have moved the group to the correct position, click OK
The group you changed should now be positioned in the location you had set. In our example, we wanted to move the EmailTags group beside the Respond group which is shown in the screenshot below.
Hope you find this tip useful in organizing your ribbon better.
For those of you who are not aware of EmailTags for Outlook, this is a new outlook addin we have launched a few days back. With this addin you can:
- Organize your Incoming and outgoing emails
- Easily find your new or older emails for reference or decision making
- Make Outlook Search work much better so that emails are easier to find
- Make Outlook Search work better so that you can see all emails for a project, customer, topic etc without having to manually sort through a list of emails
Download a fully functional 30 day trial of EmailTags and test drive it for yourself to see just how simple and easy it is to use.
Till next time have a better Outlook.