The Super Rugby 2012 will kick off next week (24th February), so for all you rugby fans who would not want to miss a single match, or at least not your favourite teams matches, here’s how you can download the times for all the games into your Outlook Calendar.
1. Make sure that your computer is setup to the correct time zone. This step is important to ensure that the game time gets shown at the correct time depending on where in the world you are. Go to the Windows Control Panel and open Date and Time.
(Your screen may be slightly different depending on the version of Outlook… it may have a separate tab for Time Zone).
Make sure that the correct Time Zone is displayed i.e. the time zone of where YOU are. (I am in Fiji so the screen shot above says Fiji). Click on Change time zone if you need to.
2. Click on the link below and save the .ics file to your desktop
Download Super Rugby 2012 Schedule
3. Import the downloaded file into your Outlook by using the following steps. If you are using Microsoft Outlook 2010, click File – Open – Import. For all other versions of Outlook, click File – Import & Export.
4. Select Import an iCalendar (ics) or vCalendar file (vcs) from the list and click Next.
5. Use the screen that comes up to select the ics file that was downloaded in Step 1.
(You may get the following extra steps depending on the version of Outlook you are using)
Click either Open as New or Import. (I simply imported it to my main Outlook Calendar as it then synched with my Iphone too)
The times for all the games will now be in your Outlook.
Enjoy the games and may the best team win.
Thank you Green and Gold Rugby: Source for the .ics file
One Reply to “Download the Super Rugby 2012 Schedules to Your Outlook”
May I say what a joy it is to be doing business with a company whose software works and which appreciates the finer things of life, like Rugby!
This is a great tip which I will find extrememly useful.